How can authors optimize their dissemination and enhance their research in order to demonstrate quantifiable and meaningful indicators of impact that transcend traditional scientific output measures? What strategies can authors utilize to reach audiences such as funding organizations, colleagues, healthcare providers, policy-makers, students, governmental bodies, the media, consumers, professional organizations and potential clinical trial participants? What options are available for authors to promote resource sharing and publishing productivity?
Repetition, consistency, utilizing multiple modes of dissemination and an awareness of the intended audience help to enhance the impact of an author?s research. Advances in digital technology have allowed authors multiple avenues for disseminating their efforts of their research that can be targeted at various audiences. Why is enhancing your research important?
- Confirm and validate research findings
- Time-stamp for documenting research findings
- Build upon existing knowledge base
- Inform researchers and clinicians of updated research findings
- Spur ideas for further areas of research
- Report to industry of findings that could lead to useful clinical applications
- Inform the community of potential new health interventions
- Share with clinical research trial participants the results of the research in which they participated
- Inform policy-makers of findings in order to effect change in health care policy and practice
Enhancing Your Impact - Tools for Authors - BeckerGuides at Becker Medical Library
Source: http://www.hud.ac.uk/library/staff/citations-bibliometrics/improvingyourcitations/ Improving your citationsThere are a number of ways to improve your citation rate. Where and how you publishYou can use tools such as the Journal Citation...
Source: http://canberra.libguides.com/content.php?pid=157360&sid=1332363 Researcher Profile What is a Researcher Profile? Your researcher profile is an individual...
Source: http://canberra.libguides.com/content.php?pid=157360&sid=3766511 Maximizing Research Impact Preparing for Publication Use the same variation of your name consistently throughout your academic career.Use a standardized institutional...
Source: http://www.educationarena.com/expertPanel/panel2013/pascal.asp Strategies to improve research visibility and impact Publicise yourself and your research; for example, put a message and hyperlink to the article in your Email signature box.Write...
Source: https://becker.wustl.edu/impact-assessment/strategies Strategies for Enhancing the Impact of Research Optimizing discoverability and access of your research is the surest way to enhance its visibility and impact....